Frequently Asked Questions | Quartz
Quartz is one of the most durable stones in the world and is extremely low maintenance. It's heat and stain resisting qualities make it a popular choice for modern kitchens and floors and it can give any room a modern sleek and smooth finish. Here at Granite Tops we can provide you with a very varied palate of plain, mirror flecked and mottled quartz, just click here to have look.
How is quartz formed?
Quartz is made up of 93% natural quartz and 7% resin, pigments and fillers. It is one of the hardest naturally occurring materials.
Why should I choose Quartz
- 93% natural quartz stone
- Has same high polished appearance as granite
- Consistency in colours, shades and patterns
- Wide range of colours
- Durable surface; scratch resistant
- Heat resistant under normal cooking conditions
- Long lasting gloss shine
- Non-porous surface that is stain resistant
- Almost maintenance free, no need to seal on an annual basis
Do I need to apply a sealer?
No, Quartz surfaces are non-porous so there is no need to apply sealer.
How should I clean Quartz
Clean with damp cloth or paper towel and if necessary a small amount of non-bleach, non-abrasive cleaner. Although quartz is generally stain resistant, clean up all food and liquid spills immediately.
Do not use cleansers that contain bleach.
What does it withstand?
Quartz is resistant to heat, scratches and stains, however use of trivets or hot pads is recommended for placing roasting pans or hot saucepans on. Also use a cutting board for chopping, cutting and slicing. Wipe all spills immediately. Like most products, extreme or excessive exposure may change the surface.
Frequently Asked Questions | Granite
How is Granite Formed?
Granite is a hard natural igneous rock. The principal constituents of granite are feldspar, quartz, biotite and other minerals. Various unique colours, textures, shades and patterns were a result of the minerals melting into the liquid mass in the formation process. (This is why patterns may vary)
Why should I choose granite
- Granite is an aesthetically decorative natural stone surface
- Timeless beauty
- Great Durability
- Maintains its polish look for many years
- Withstands the rigours of daily kitchen activities much longer than its rivals
- Adds elegance and value to your home
- Unique – colours, shades and patterns may vary giving you an individual design
- One of the oldest but most durable natural stones available. It is the ultimate in kitchen design and no man made material can match its elegance and durability
What do I need to consider when choosing a granite worktop?
- Colour / Type of stone
- Cut outs for hobs and sinks
- Drainer grooves
- Recessed drainers
- Return Ends
Where can I use granite?
Granite is suitable for kitchen worktops, vanity units and other custom designs.
How should I clean granite?
Use a neutral cleaning agent or warm soapy water and finish with a dry cloth. Do not use acidic, abrasive, wax or bleach based household cleaners and sprays on granite or marble. (See Aftercare and Maintenance section)